Monday, April 11, 2011

February 2011 Book Club & March 2011 Book Club

Sorry for the delay ladies! Thank you Sarah for hosting book club in February we had a great turnout! I'd say most people who finished the book Room by Emma Donoghue really enjoyed it.

March book club was hosted at my house (Maria's) and I was able to use my new patio furniture on the only warm evening in March, yay! We read Nothing to Envy; Ordinary Lives in North Korea. Most people were able to get through most of the book and we all thought it was enlightening to learn about what is going on outside the US. I admit I didn't read it...but my sis just gave me the book and I am looking forward to it!

We decided on Georgia Bottoms by Mark Childress for book club in April. Christina will host book club at her place in Carlsbad, details to follow.

Georgia Bottoms

May book club will be at Claire's house in Encinitas and we are reading a classic, Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte.

Welcome to our 2 new honorary book club members Amie's new baby boy Skyler Hawk Garrigus and Sarah's new baby girl Eve Dana Reder. We look forward to seeing you at a future book club! Both baby's and Mom's are doing great! :-)

****Going forward book club will always be the last Thursday of the month so you can plan ahead. Only exceptions will be during holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment